Sunday, April 29, 2012

In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at TheStorySiren to let bloggers showcase books they've got each week. 

Hi guys! After two weeks of no book-shopping, I finally gave in out of necessity. This week (April 22 - 29, 2012) I bought four books because I need them for my English courses as a soon-to-be English major. :D



Purchased: 
The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr and E.B. White 
I've been told that this is a must for every English major. Although this book is not required for uni, I willingly bought it. ;) 
We'll be studying English literature this June. Yay! 
- Cocktail by Vince Licata and Ping Chong  
Totally not looking forward to this. It's required in my literature course though I don't see why this even qualifies as literature. Apparently this 73-page long book is a PLAY, and it looks like a bad one too. :(

Macmillan English Dictionary For Advanced Learners

I also bought my first English-English dictionary! Hooray! I'll be buying more when semester starts. I have my eyes set on Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary and Collins Cobuild. One at a time. Haha. I became quite obsessed with dictionaries too. They're kind of fascinating.

For review

Night SkyH2O the NovelSeraphina
Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1)Glitch (Glitch, #1)One MomentTimepiece (Hourglass, #2)

Night Sky by Jolene B. Perry 
H2O the Novel by Austin Boyd and Brannon Hollingsworth 
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman 
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown 
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
One Moment by Kristina McBride
Timepiece by Myra McEntire

This week's reviews on B's Book Blog!


Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein 4 stars: I really like it
Divergent by Veronica Roth 5 stars: I love it! It's amazing!

So that's it for me this week. Tell me what's in your mailbox! 

Question of the week: Which English-English dictionary do you use? Any recommendations for a new English major? ;) 

8 comments:

  1. H20 looks really awesome and I hadn't heard of it before - I just love finding out about new books :)

    My IMM for the week:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-5/

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I so loved Seraphina! So many good books this week! Enjoy all your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just submitted my request for Timepiece on Netgally and can't wait to read it! It looks awesome! You've got a great load of books this week :) Hope you enjoy your books and can stop by My IMM Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Moment looks SO good!! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of Timepiece and cannot wait to read Insurgent this week! You can read my news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. H2O looks great, and my gosh... Timepiece... breathtaking cover. Great post, and you have a new follower as well. :)

    I would love it if you could check mine out!
    Michelle @ The Bookish Poodle

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books. Can't wait to read Glitch. Hope you enjoy it and the others.

    Safari Poet

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glitch sounds interesting + the cover is amazing. Looking forward to hearing about that one! (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...