Sunday, April 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (14)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at TheStorySiren to let bloggers showcase books they've got each week. 


This week (April 15 - 21, 2012) I still haven't paid a single dime on books. For two weeks already! That's impressive for me. I'm a recovering book-shopaholic. :-) However, there is one book that I ordered via Amazon a month ago, and it just arrived. The rest was given to me as gifts from Ben. :-) Thanks Ben! 



- Tree of Codes by Jonathan Safran Foer 
I've been waiting for this book since it was published. Living in Thailand, I had no idea how to get it until I couldn't wait any longer and had to conquer my fear and ordered it via Amazon. With Ben's help and a whole month of waiting and wondering why it took so long and if it had somehow got lost in transit, it finally arrived. I almost cried when I saw it. I was so happy! I've had it for 4 days now and just had the guts to unwrap it with shaky fingers. It's so sublime I feel so small. I guess this is what it feels like when a dream comes true. It's one of my dearest treasure now. <3 

- The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee
Ben said this is a book written by a book-obsessed man who lives to touch and smell books, which totally sounds like me. 

- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
This is a gorgeous Everyman's Library hardcover edition of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy –The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass. The rating is pretty amazing. I've seen The Golden Compass film, and I really enjoyed it. So I might as well expect extreme awesomeness from this book. 

According to Ben, this is the best thesaurus there is. He also has a copy at home. As I'm going to be an English major in less than two months, this is an extremely brilliant gift. ;) I'll use it well! 

For Review:
  
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa  (Thank you Harlequin!)
The Glimpse by Claire Merle (Thank you Faber and Faber!)




This week on B's Book Blog 
I have reviewed three books.


One guest post. 



Currently reading
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa


So that's it for me this week. What have you got in your mailbox? 

Happy reading, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The Immortal Rules was epic ! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ! :)

    Happy reading !

    I'm a new GFC follower :)

    My IMM
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Immortal Rules is good. I still need to write my review for it too.

    Happy reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're going to be busy for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* The Immortal Rules....again. I have got to get a copy! I saw it last weekend and again this weekend. LoL. Anyway, all your books look really good! And I absolutely adore your header :) Happy Reading & Stop By My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Glimpse looks so good!

    Enjoy your reads!

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...