Saturday, December 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to let bloggers share books they've got in a week.

I usually do IMM on Saturday. This is a Saturday. But I almost forgot.

Second semester starts next Tuesday already. I'm not ready to go back to that routine just yet. I don't want to wake up at 6 am in the morning, go to class, and get home around 6 pm in the evening, and then shower, dinner, homework, read, then go to bed around 10 pm - midnight. I want more time for reading. :( There's never enough time. So many books, so little time. :(

This week I bought only ONE book. That's an improvement! I can actually stop buying! YAY! I ordered it last Saturday, and it came in the mail on Friday.

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

The copy is actually very pretty! Last week I wanted this book so much that I went to various bookstores to check out each editions and decide which one I wanted on my shelf. The UK/Australia edition won, as you can see. It's so pretty! <3 I know that I'm going to love it just by looking at it!

This week I've also received approved requests of galleys on Netgalley. 


Hushed by Kelly York
Love Lifted Me by Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck 
Whatever You Love by Louise Doughty
A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
Guantanamo Boys by Ann Perera 
The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes
Letters to Leo by Amy Hest

Yay! :D But sadly, I won't get to read any of these, or any books at all, for now. Right now I'm supposed to be re-reading Things Fall Apart and studying it for the test for English on Wednesday. I don't have much time. My friend from Egypt is coming to visit Bangkok, her flight arrives around noon tomorrow. I'll be hanging out with her all day, and then on Monday too. Sigh. I have just a few hours to finish this book. My life is so sad. 

This week I reviewed two books: 
The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry (see review)
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (see review)
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for both of these!

Oh, by the way, HAPPY ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY TO B'S BOOK BLOG! Haha, that would be this blog. :D I just did a blog makeover today. I like the way it looks now. :D AND. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention this. I ordered a Kindle Keyboard (with wi-fi, free 3G, and special offers) AND a hot pink lighted leather cover yesterday! It was my first time ordering something on Amazon and I was scared to death. I had them shipped to a friend's address in California. He'll be coming home (Bangkok) before the end of this month, so I asked him to bring my Kindle to me. By doing this, I avoided around 120 USD ($50 price difference + tax + shipping cost) of having them shipped directly to Thailand. Yeah, worth the wait. I can't wait for him to come home from Berkeley already. :-)

15 comments:

  1. Isn't Net Galley wonderful. I love Net Galley. Net Galley comes in handy.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you for The Sky is Everywhere. I love how it's kind of like a diary. Fantastic read too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I loved Sky is Everywhere. Princesses of Iowa sounds good.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Sky is Everywhere, but I heard its good. I hope you like it.

    ~Happy Reading, and good luck with school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Crazy Thing that Girls Do for Love is the cutest! I love anything with doodles. It just reminds me of high school :P

    I got the Incarnate Net Galley as well, and I only just started it.

    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    In My Mailbox #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read The Sky is Everywhere! I'm reading Hushed but I really want Getting Over Garrett Delaney. Also dying for Incarnate! Great haul and new follower!

    Visit My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you ordered a Kindle! I ordered mine at the end of November and I was scared to death too but I got it within 3 days :) Shipping and taxes cost a lot though, like 60 bucks? :O Anyway, you'll love it. I love mine already!

    Great haul, by the way! That Dyan Sheldon book looks pretty interesting :)

    Here's my IMM for this week

    Have a great week,
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo for school. I haven't been doing so well this semester, high school senioritus seems to have kicked in a tad early. But, on the bright side, YOU GOT THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE. That's one of my absolute, totally undisputed all-time favorite reads ever!

    And happy blogoversary! I adore the new layout. Clean, simple, and bright but not burn-my-eyes bright. Love the coloring!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! You got approved for quite a lot Netgalley requests, that's nice (: I always do a little dance when I get accepted for awesome books.

    Hope you enjoy all of them,
    Celine
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so many interesting books! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul! Hushed is awesome and very original I hope you like it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh what a lovely haul. Hope you get time to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of those books look like fun reads. Congratulations also on your one month anniversary! It's exciting to be getting past that first month of just starting out. Good luck on continuing into future months! :) Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...