Sunday, December 25, 2011

In My Mailbox (5)

Ah! Busy, busy, busy life! But then again, what else is new? I've been reading Veronika Decides To Die for a whole week and still haven't managed to finish it. Uni leaves me no time for anything at all.

Usually I do IMM on Saturday, but yesterday was pretty crazy. I was out doing two projects, so that took the whole day. So this, though done on Sunday, covers the date from December 18th to 24th.

This week I bought: 


Room by Emma Donoghue
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Animal Farm by George Orwell (second copy because I loved it)
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith


This week I borrowed:

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
(Mr Wright, my English teacher surprised me in class by lending me this book. I didn't ask! That was sweet of him!)

This week I reviewed:

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Netgalleys:


Flatscreen by Adam Wilson
A Brief History of Thought by Luc Ferry
Ditched by Robin Mellom
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? by Melissa Kantor
The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny
A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle
Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers
The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres by Marie LeTourneau 
It's a Wonderful Life by Jesse Goossens
How to Make a Golem and Terrify People by Alette J. Willis 
Winter in Wartime by Jan Terlouw
Wreath by Judy Christie

-----------

I'm hoping to finish Veronika soon, and then I'll start The Invention of Hugo Cabret. :-) And then Just in Case, for my English class. 

Happy reading, everyone! And merry Christmas! ♥

11 comments:

  1. I so need to catch up on my Sarah Dessen books! I've only read two so far (loooved The Truth About Forever). And I'm really interested in Ditched and Me, Earl and teh Dying Girl... sound like awesome reads! Hope your enjoy and Merry Christmas :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good books, how will you choose what to read next? Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of books. Hope you enjoy them. They all look fantastic. Isn't NetGalley wonderful.

    Grace
    My Goodie Bag/IMM post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow massive IMM!

    Mine pales in comparison! http://theaussiezombie.blogspot.com/2011/12/under-my-christmas-tree-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I'm super curious about Room! It sounds so interesting and different... I hope it's as good as it seems!

    Happy Holidays! My Christmas IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i got dying to know you from netGalley also! awesome mailbox! :) here is mine http://www.christiesbookreviews.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read my first Sarah Dessen book a couple weeks ago and i can't wait to read more. I hope you enjoy Just Listen! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mailbox! I have Room and The Time Traveler's Wife in my TBR pile!

    Here's my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh my god Room is one of mt Fav books that I read this year I really loved it! Hope you do too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Ditched sooooooo bad!!!!! Awesome haul!!!!So many awesome books I wanna read! Enjoy :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep hearing great things about Room. I loved Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...