Friday, August 3, 2012

Feature & Follow (1)



Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


This week's question:

Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?


Yes! When I'm sad, I like to read even sadder books. I love to drown myself in tears. But even when I'm not sad, I go with sad books anyway if I can freely choose (and don't have to pick one of the review copies). Heart-wrenching books are my favorites and I'll choose them over happy books anytime. I guess I'm an emotional masochist like that! Hahaha. But still, when I'm super happy, I look for happy, sweet, giggly books. Hahaha. I love when my feelings are intensified by the books I choose to read. I love to go all the way; not going with the opposite of what I feel like many other bloggers do. :P 

Thank you for stopping by! 
Leave your comments on this post and I'll make sure I do the same for you. ;) 

Best

7 comments:

  1. I think that's weird :D Or unique.

    Thanks for stopping by YA Story Teller! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right- we are pretty opposite ! I absolutely adore your blog- especially that header :) I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for stopping by and following !
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to choose what you read! Sometimes when I try to find a book to cheer me up when I'm sad I end up in a bad reading slump because nothing will do the job :)
    I'm a new follower, by the way!
    My FF:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/08/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find sad books to be quite therapeutic as well. It seems to me that the media is trying to convince us that life is supposed to be 100% enjoyable, and I like to remind myself that the media is wrong.

    P.S: I'm a new follower! Don't be afraid to fearlessly visit my "Frivolously Follow Me this Friday!" post. Many thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Linky follower, thanks for stopping by! And I hate to cry, so I stay away from those books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your answer! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...