Saturday, December 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to let bloggers share books they've got in a week.

First week of second semester at uni has gone by! As expected, I'm busy as hell, and when I get home, I'm too tired to read any more than 20 pages. My reading progress is really suffering. 

This week I borrowed a whole lot of books. 


Borrowed from libraries
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak 4 stars: I really like it
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho

Borrowed from friends
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (currently reading)

I also bought only one book out of need this week (yay!). It looks like I can control myself now. I've wanted to read Before I Fall! And I also bought another book because I had to. It's assigned in English class. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it. Has anyone ever read it, Just in Case?

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Just in Case by Meg Rosoff

And then I also got a whole lot of galleys on Netgalley. All of these are from Random House Children's (thank you!).


The Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani
May B. by Caroline Starr Rose
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Precious Bones by Mika Ashley-Hollinger
The Wednesdays by Julie Bourbeau
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
Summer at Forsaken Lake by Michael D. Beil
Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel


All the galleys have to wait until I get my Kindle. Not long now. About 10 to go.
Alright, back to homework. u___u 

6 comments:

  1. You seem exactly like my kind of girl. I love your earlier book titles: Hugo Cabret, Book Thief (which I have on my shelf but haven't read yet), Where the Wild Things Are, and of course the classic Catcher in the Rye - nice selections! :)

    Here's my IMM this week:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/in-my-mailbox-27-more-book-sales-and-novels-in-verse-from-singapore-libraries/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Score big I don't have much luck with Net galley don't know why. Congrats to you for all the book you received. Click on my name to see my IMM. Merry Christmas Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Listen is SO good. Hope you love it! And the Book Thief is one of my favourites.

    I got Dust Girl and Wanderlove too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those awesome library books! I love the LIBRARY!

    Also, The Book Thief rocks. AND YAY for Just Listen!

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing haul! The Book Thief is definitely one of my all-time top books. Hugo Cabret looks really interesting, I need to check that out. :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...