Sunday, January 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (6)

This meme is hosted by TheStorySiren.

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! May our 2012 be filled with awesome reads! :-)

So I procrastinated again. Sorry. This post was supposed to go up yesterday. Guess I was too hooked with The Hunger Games! Anyway. This post covers December 24th until 31st, 2011!


Bought: 
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Zeit im Wind by Nicholas Sparks (German translation of A Walk To Remember)
Hannah's Gift by Maria Housden
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (my second copy! The first has a blue cover. I'm hunting the red. This is pink!)
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick  5 stars: I love it! It's amazing! (read my review)
The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier

Won:
Raised Right: How I Untangled My Faith from Politics by Alisa Harris
Thanks to Jennifer @ eclecticismjncl.blogspot.com ! I won this sometime ago but it just arrived!

On a Dark WingThe Last Dragon
There You'll Find MeFirst Date

Netgalleys: 
On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
The Last Dragon by Jane Yolen and Rebecca Guay
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
First Date by Krista McGee

The Mice of Bistrot des Sept FreresJust in CaseThe Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)

Read:
The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres by Marie LeTourneau 4 stars: I really like it 
Just in Case by Meg Rosoff  1 star: I don't like it
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  4 stars: I really like it

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)

Reviewed:
Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho  2 stars: Nothing special
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick  5 stars: I love it! It's amazing!
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  4 stars: I really like it

And.... MY KINDLE!!!!!!!! I got it this Tuesday, although I ordered it on December 8th. I asked my friend who's a Berkeley student to carry it here for me when he comes home to save shipping cost. :-) Thank you Kevin! I love it. ♥


-----------------------------

Happy New Year, everyone!
2012 will rock!

7 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read Fixing Delilah! Hope it's good. Also, your Kindle is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, another person who just got a Kindle. I got mine in October but I love it. And your case is totally cute, too, btw. Looks like you got some great books as well. And yes, The Hunger Games is totally fabulous. Looks like you had a great holiday season! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I love my Kindle (I have an old one though)! I hope you love yours!

    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! Shatter Me is absolutely A-MAZ-ING! I loved The Hunger Games, too! Enjoy and Happy Reading! My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started reading Shatter Me today, so far I'm enjoying it. I absolutely loved The Hunger Games and Veronika Decides to Die is really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I can't wait to read my copy of Shatter Me!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Amazon ships Kindles to Thailand! I live in Malaysia, and I had to have my Kindle sent to an author friend in the US who then mailed it to me. Hope you enjoy using your Kindle.
    My copy of First Date is on its way to me (hopefully). Looking forward to reading your review of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...